Insight, ideas, integration and implementation: at Summit Engineering we work with the 4 ‘I’s. They offer guidance on the way to reduce your CO₂ emissions. There are various options for this. That’s why Summit Engineering offers tailor-made programmes. In addition to in house knowledge and experience, we have a wide network that we call on if necessary – ensuring an optimal result!
1 and 2: Insights and Ideas
What do you want to achieve? Every process starts with an inventory of your needs. This is the starting point to jointly work towards the desired solution. This process follows a number of fixed steps:
- We provide insights into the consumption of electricity, gas, diesel or other energy carriers in the various (production) processes;
- We outline the options for reducing energy consumption or introducing CO₂-neutral energy carriers (for example hydrogen). We translate these ideas into concrete actions;
- We then rank these actions and draw up a plan of action: how can the actions be implemented?
- We naturally take into account (international) laws and regulations. Take European energy legislation (EED / RED2). The ISO 50001 – which is about energy management – is a suitable instrument for this. Summit Engineering can guide the implementation and certification for this.
Naturally, we take into account your wishes and what you want to achieve – tailoring the above steps for you.
Making sustainable energy profitable is a challenge. This is mainly because the current energy supply – where we largely rely on fossil fuels – is still relatively cheap. Summit Engineering can support you in working towards a business case that is acceptable, for example with subsidies or innovative solutions such as:
- Linking power generation with storage by converting electricity into another energy form such as hydrogen;
- Convert electricity into hydrogen in combination with fermentation;
- Relieve the existing electricity grid by linking sustainable generation to hydrogen and mobility;
- Linking electricity to the gas network: Power to Gas.
Perhaps you’ve already completed the previous steps yourself, perhaps with the help of us. Whatever your situation is, Summit Engineering can help you realize the selected measures to reduce your CO₂ emissions. Many hurdles have to be overcome in this part of the process, both internally and externally. We can support you by:
- Organizing sessions to increase the intrinsic motivation and insight of staff;
- Conducting a risk assessment where we look at the consequences. This will of course result in stating related mitigation actions;
- Seeking subsidy programmes that you can use to strengthen your business case;
- Provide project management support that fits the measures.
All services can be tailored for your situation. For this we bring to bear our knowledge, experience and network – working together to achieve the best results.